Thursday, November 28, 2013

Laugh Until You Pee Your Pants!

Dear Friends, Fans, and Supporters,

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am very grateful that we can finally share Plain Jane The SHOCKUMENTARY with you!  I am proud to say that I have accomplished more in my lifetime than was ever expected. However, this movie is by far my greatest and most challenging accomplishment.

My main goal for making this film is to inspire people of all abilities to overcome their perceived obstacles and truly embrace their authenticity.

I understand that within the disabled community, the word “inspiration” is often viewed as being condescending and rude.  Personally, I am not offended by it if it is used in the proper context.   Here are a couple examples.
  • UNACCEPTABLE CONTEXT - “Aw, look at you buying bread! You are so brave and inspirational.”
  • ACCEPTABLE CONTEXT – “I was always too afraid to get on the dance floor until I saw you at the club, dancing in your wheelchair.  You are really inspirational.”

Don’t worry. If you are not offended by the word “inspiration,” there are lots of other things in Plain Jane The SHOCKUMENTARY that will likely offend you AND make you laugh until you pee your pants…sometimes simultaneously.

Seriously though, this is indeed a very special Thanksgiving Day. I am deeply grateful for Tom Trainer, who made Plain Jane The SHOCKUMENTARY a work of art instead of just a documentary. He captured the true essence of who I am, in a way that words can’t describe.  He is the Director, Producer, Photographer, Videographer, Editor, Boom-Guy, Set Director, Narrator, Wardrobe Consultant, Trigger-Puller, Chauffeur, and Bodyguard.  Also, I am eternally grateful for the support of our vast community that spans across the country and beyond. We could not have reached this enormous goal without your support!

Thank you all,

Jane Hash aka Plain Jane

p.s. You should order a copy so you can tell me what you think.  I can't wait to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment